Is Your Business Prepared to Survive a Pandemic?
Here’s what you need to know.
With the recent closure of non-essential businesses due to the corona virus pandemic, a devastating proportion of companies have been affected and understandably fear what the future holds. We are truly experiencing unprecedented times and no one can accurately predict when things will go back to “normal” – whatever our new normal will look like. Whether we like it or not, we have entered a new era of doing business and must adapt in order to survive.
We don’t claim to have all the answers, but we do know a thing or two when it comes to digital marketing! Here’s are 3 essential things you need to know during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
1. If your business is not online, it will struggle.
It’s no longer possible for customers to visit your storefront, so how can you avoid going out of business? The solution is simple. Bring your business to them! In times like this, it’s important to leverage e-commerce websites to mitigate massive hits to your revenue.
2. Screen time is through the roof.
Don’t believe us? Check your own screen time numbers on your mobile device over the last several weeks! Everyone is talking about it, including The Washington Post and New York Times. With extra spent time spent at home, people will be looking for online entertainment to pass the time. Get creative with producing online content! Blog posts, social media posts and video content are great ways to get attention for your brand.
3. Some businesses will do really well during this time.
It’s not all downhill for businesses. Some businesses such as streaming platforms and food or grocery delivery services will thrive during a pandemic, especially in light of the current social distancing guidelines and closure of dine-in restaurants.
So what does this mean for your business and what actionable steps can you take to mitigate the effects of the corona virus on your sales?
- Don’t panic! Instead, prepare. These are tough times, but remember, we will get through them.
- Have a well thought-out digital marketing plan in place. People will be spending more time online than ever before.
- If you don’t already have an e-commerce website set up to sell your products or services online, get on that now!
- Be flexible. Get creative with your marketing strategies and take advantage of new platforms and technologies. If something isn’t working, don’t be afraid to change it up!
- Inform your audience of measures you’re taking to keep them safe when doing business with you.
- Lastly, seek the advice of an expert digital marketing team!
Here at First Look SEO, we are experts in digital marketing and have been helping businesses grow their online presence, long before this pandemic. Whether you’re looking for a modern website, lead generation, ad campaigns, social media management – or ALL of the above, we’ve got you covered.
Contact us today for a complimentary audit on your digital presence! We look forward to helping you bring your business online.